IN 1888, THE WHITE FAMILY OF EDINGLASSIE, IMPORTED ANGUS CATTLE FROM SCOTLAND AND STARTED THE LONG ASSOCIATION WITH THE BREED FOR THE WHITE FAMILY OF AUSTRALIA.
F.J. White moved to Saumarez, Armidale and ran them on his Armidale/Guyra properties. His two sons H.F. White and F.F. White started the Angus Stud at Bald Blair Guyra, this was split up in 1949 where F.F. White’s children, F.G. White and P.M. Bell (White) took on their share of the Stud and named it “Glenavon”.
F.G. Bell (fifth generation in Aust.) took on running the Stud in 1969 and grew it significantly in the following decades, with an on-property bull sale beginning in 1984.
From 2016 Richard and Prue Post (Bell) are the sixth generation to continue the Stud operation at “Outer Bald Blair” Guyra.